Bleach!!!

May 14, 2017
Weston WI
Hey all. Been lurking for a long time. Few posts but not many. With the "chlorine shortage" upon us, I am forced to finally switch to bleach. I have an 18' round above ground and have been following TFP with the exception of using chlorine pucks. The CYA build-up was never a huge issue for me as I live in Wisconsin so I am draining my pool about 50% every year anyway. I am down to my last few pucks and refuse to pay the price that is being asked by the few sellers that still have them. I searched and searched and searched this forum and it's my understanding many of you are using bleach from Wal-Mart and Home Depot. I do not shop Wal-Mart so, can someone clarify which Home Depot bleach is OK to use in our pool? I went to my local store but I am worried I will miss some fine print about some additive or something that I shouldn't be using and my pool will foam up or do something crazy! If anyone has recently purchased bleach and successfully used it from Home Depot, Target, Ace Hardware, or Lowes, and is willing to share a pic of what you used, that would be so very appreciated!!

Thank you!

I looked up the Wausau HD 18 miles away and it didn’t list the stock online so I called and they don’t have any. :(

They don't have any liquid chlorine, or bleach
Our usual HDX chlorinating liquid. The Lowe’s 28 miles away was also out of our usual pool essentials and so was your Walmart, but the last 2 were just per online. You may have to get creative in the laundry aisle with 6%

Or check ACE hardware (or equivalent) or ocean state job lot

You want either this one:

Or this one:

For some reason my local area only has the 2-pack.

They have various other 'bleach' products, but they're half the strength and the same or higher price per gallon so best to avoid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.