Jun 26, 2020
Upstate, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi there,

Our Haywards sand filters’ backwash/waste discharge connection doesn’t have a direct line of path to where we want to discharge the water.

Would there be any issue using a 90 deg angle connector to redirect the flow of the waste discharge? Or is there another recommended method for scenarios like mine?

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

No issues. Many folks have it aimed at their house and have to reroute it. (y)
Ok, thx! I currently have a flex tube (pretty sure it’s this: https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-Vinyl-Hose-S240-i-d/dp/B00L2MK7IA) connected to the discharge valve of the filter. My plan is to insert a 90deg connector to the end of that, which I will link to a 1.5” diameter pvc and then connect a 2” discharge hose to that, which will lead into the woods behind our home. Does that sound like a normal setup?

Does that sound like a normal setup?
It sounds plenty good enough.

You also raise another option with Flex PVC (length and size of your choosing) that will sweep however you need it to before connecting to the backwash hose. It solvent welds the same as rigid PVC and while we don't recommend burying it, its great for this purpose.

Food for thought. :)

Reactions: SorryImaNewb123
It sounds plenty good enough.

You also raise another option with Flex PVC (length and size of your choosing) that will sweep however you need it to before connecting to the backwash hose. It solvent welds the same as rigid PVC and while we don't recommend burying it, its great for this purpose.

Food for thought. :)
Took ur advice and went with the flex pvc and it looks like everything is working perfectly. Many thanks for your guidance on this!

Reactions: newdude