DIYLinerPool

Sep 28, 2020
Chicago (West Suburbs), IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Question - can you add bleach to a hot tub when people are in it? Dumb question probably, but I am only used to my 16,000 gallon pool which ill add bleach in the corner away from people. Just wondering if there are a lot of people in the hot tub and I want to sanitize in the middle of it do I need to have them all get out?

Thanks!

Question - can you add bleach to a hot tub when people are in it? Dumb question probably, but I am only used to my 16,000 gallon pool which ill add bleach in the corner away from people. Just wondering if there are a lot of people in the hot tub and I want to sanitize in the middle of it do I need to have them all get out?

Thanks!
Its best to add stuff before or after. Theres no reason to add anything while people are in it. If theres an emergency going on in the water than needs chlorine right that second, its probably better for other reaosns to have people out of the water.

Reactions: Donldson
Its best to add stuff before or after. Theres no reason to add anything while people are in it. If theres an emergency going on in the water than needs chlorine right that second, its probably better for other reaosns to have people out of the water.
Thanks - so should I just add bleach to make the water to the high end of the pool math recommended chlorine range if I am having a large group using the spa?