Wiring on a 2 Speed Pump

MDP

May 17, 2013
I have an old AO Smith 7-184874-01 motor on a 2 Speed Hayward pump. The motor burned and I got a new 2 Horse Power Century B2979 pump (learned that the current motor is end of life). Need help on the wiring. The old pump has one green (assuming this is the ground) and three other wires (numbers 1, 2 and 3 to 4). However the new pump (B2979) has one green and three other places to put the wires on (marked A, L1 and L2).

Can anybody please let me know where does each of these wires (from 1, 2 and 3 to 4) go to (A, L1 and L2)? Should I put 1 to A, 2 to L1 and so on? Or what would be the right order?

The first two pdf files are for the current (old) motor and the third one is for the new motor. I am sending both pdf and jpg files just in case.

Thanks so much in advance.

The photo of your old motor is hard to read, but it's pretty simple. The old common wire goes to "L2", the old high speed wire goes to "L1" and the old low speed wire goes to "A". So if I squint and read your old motor, it's 1 to L2, 2 to L1 and 3/4 to A. Of course green is ground.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.