What did you do to your pool today?

Mine looked like Swiss cheese after 5 seasons as I needed new bolts a couple times and went with thicker bolts each time (in new spots) hoping to stop them from ripping slots in the sections.

Mine looked like Swiss cheese after 5 seasons as I needed new bolts a couple times and went with thicker bolts each time (in new spots) hoping to stop them from ripping slots in the sections.
Sounds like everything else made these days as cheap as possible. CFO's who only know how to cut costs is the death of quality companies. When management teams are garbage they try to squeeze costs instead of innovating and implementing smart growth plans. I can squeeze another penny and over 5m units that adds up but that is the lazy way. Make a quality product and show that to the customer and people will pay for it. Weak leaders look to trim costs first because they bring nothing else to the table.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
I just added enough CYA to get me to 70. I’ve let it ride at 50 for a couple of weeks, but I’m leaving in a few days on vacation
Sister Act Reaction GIF

And I want to crank it up a bit before I go, since I’m pretty sure the monsoons will kick in as soon as I cross the state line.

And man is it hot outside. Just spending a few minutes testing pool and throwing robot in had me like

Scorching Heat Wave GIF by Holly Logan

Reactions: Newdude
I just added enough CYA to get me to 70. I’ve let it ride at 50 for a couple of weeks, but I’m leaving in a few days on vacation
Sister Act Reaction GIF

And I want to crank it up a bit before I go, since I’m pretty sure the monsoons will kick in as soon as I cross the state line.

And man is it hot outside. Just spending a few minutes testing pool and throwing robot in had me like

Scorching Heat Wave GIF by Holly Logan
This is why I have to rule out Florida for full time retirement destination. The Mrs cannot take that heat. We are gonna have to snow bird. Jan-March in Florida to avoid the PA winters. Exiting NJ before the government takes everything and taxes everything. Just counting down, 3 years to go!

Reactions: kellyfair
Solid plan! You could even extend that time earlier in the year, except I’m sure you want to be near family for the holidays!

This is why I have to rule out Florida for full time retirement destination. The Mrs cannot take that heat. We are gonna have to snow bird. Jan-March in Florida to avoid the PA winters. Exiting NJ before the government takes everything and taxes everything. Just counting down, 3 years to go!

You may find you want to be in FL longer. Both my mother and inlaws are snowbirds from PA. My mother is in FL from October to April and my inlaws from December to April.

I recommend mid-November to late March. It can still be hot in both those months, but not as humid, less chance of tropical storms, and nights are in low 70s or even 60s and 50s.

Reactions: Wolfepack88
I recommend mid-November to late March. It can still be hot in both those months, but not as humid, less chance of tropical storms, and nights are in low 70s or even 60s and 50s.

The longer time I mentioned is not so much it's too hot in Florda but that it's too cold in PA.

• Haha

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support