Cen California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I had my pool installed in august and every time I clean the robotic cleaner I get pebbles. I cleaned the filter after start up and had the drain plug full of pebbles which was expected.

I cleaned my filter today for the second time and again I had a cup full of pebbles.

What could be causing this?

Here’s attached photos from today.

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpeg
    IMG_0321.jpeg
    503.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0327.jpeg
    IMG_0327.jpeg
    793.1 KB · Views: 9
Loose pebbles are normal for a pebble finish.

The plasterer may have been a bit too aggressive with their acid wash to expose the pebbles and not leave enough palster to hold them down.

Not much you can do about it. You should begin seeing less loose pebbles over time.

Here’s three different times from the robotic cleaner when I cleaned it out into the gutter.

Attachments

• IMG_9774.jpeg
    IMG_9774.jpeg
    399.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0332.jpeg
    IMG_0332.jpeg
    882.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0331.jpeg
    IMG_0331.jpeg
    680.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0330.jpeg
    IMG_0330.jpeg
    615.7 KB · Views: 7
Loose pebbles are normal for a pebble finish.

The plasterer may have been a bit too aggressive with their acid wash to expose the pebbles and not leave enough palster to hold them down.

Not much you can do about it. You should begin seeing less loose pebbles over time.
Thank you, it’s frustrating that you are probably right and is the case of being too aggressive.

What would have been a better method for them acid washing? Weaker strength acid?

What would have been a better method for them acid washing? Weaker strength acid?

Leaving acid on the surface for a shorter period of time. It all depends how thick the cream was covering the pebble. The plasterer needs to use his judgement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.