Trouble replumbing main drain. Can I put two 45 elbows together to get the angle I need?

Aug 6, 2018
Indianapolis
I'm replumbing a section of the main drain line near the equipment. The pool is 50 years old and has a conglomerate of plumbing. Previously, there was a small section of flexible PVC coming out of the ground. I cut back passed that to remove it and get back to hard pipe. I wasn't really sure why they decided to use about 10" of flexible PVC. But now I realized it was probably because of the angle that the main drain line was coming out of the ground isn't at a perfect 45 or 90 (See first picture).

If I put a 45 on it, the 45 just runs into the ground (see the second picture). Should I put two 45s together so that I can get the angle I need (see last picture)?

Or should I use a small section of flexible PVC? I know flexible PVC isn't often recommended, but I can ensure you, it would be the least troubling thing about my pool.

20240518_121433.jpg
20240518_121444.jpg
20240518_121520.jpg

I'm replumbing a section of the main drain line near the equipment. The pool is 50 years old and has a conglomerate of plumbing. Previously, there was a small section of flexible PVC coming out of the ground. I cut back passed that to remove it and get back to hard pipe. I wasn't really sure why they decided to use about 10" of flexible PVC. But now I realized it was probably because of the angle that the main drain line was coming out of the ground isn't at a perfect 45 or 90 (See first picture).

If I put a 45 on it, the 45 just runs into the ground (see the second picture). Should I put two 45s together so that I can get the angle I need (see last picture)?
Its done all the time.