Support for Bromine Pools

ANDREWSHILLIDAY

Aug 3, 2023
Cherry Hill, NJ
Can we add support to the PoolMath app for Bromine pools? I maintain a club with a large chlorine pool and a small Bromine baby pool. I love using the PoolMath app but for the baby pool, but the most I can use the app for is to log our test results and chemical additions (simply by putting the bromine levels value in the free chlorine spot). So the assessment that the app provides is useless for the baby pool since it doesn't understand bromine. Seems like there should be a setting when one is setting up the pool to specify that the pool is sanitized by bromine.

Welp. While bromine is *a* way, it's not our way.

So I both agree and disagree with your suggestion. :)

(Lets tag @Leebo for consideration)

First things first, @ANDREWSHILLIDAY WELCOME TO TFP!!!!!

I’d like to share a post made just the other day as I group bromine in with phosphates, metal products, water additions, and so many other chemicals…….

In this post I mentioned the mindset of the lead developer and myself. Bromine for sure is on my wish list not just for baby pools like you mentioned but for Hot Tubs and Spa’s, there’s a market there for sure, it’s just a matter of the developer and I figuring out the simplest methods to move forward to cover the largest possible group of users.

Reactions: newdude