Sugar Hill Pool Build. About to be on!

Nit2winit1976

Nov 28, 2023
Va
So we are nearing the digging phase of our pool construction. This is being done in VA. They came out today, laid some paint lines on the ground to show exact location make sure everyone is happy. They will be digging after the holiday January 2nd. Here are the plans and paint lines. Looking forward to this one. I’ll post updates as they move along.

Attachments

• IMG_7838.jpeg
    IMG_7838.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_7837.jpeg
    IMG_7837.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7793.jpeg
    IMG_7793.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7790.jpeg
    IMG_7790.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7791.jpeg
    IMG_7791.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7792.jpeg
    IMG_7792.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7785.jpeg
    IMG_7785.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 76
I was gonna ask if we could make it one less step actually. Great point. I also will probably move the volley ball net about 2ft farther towards the deep end by end of spa. Got time to decide the later part

I would add another light to the pool, so you would have 4 lights along that wall. With only three, the steps would be pretty dark. Pool main drain is optional. Do you have an equipment list?

I will ask about the lights. As far as the spa size I just told them what we were trying to do and they came up with that sizes. They said it’s a pretty good size, 6 people comfortable. 8 jets, 2 behind each seat and 2 down by calf on 2 seats. He said they like to keep the GPM for jets up about 20.
All of our equipment is Hayward.
Wet are using wetedge premira stone Grigio treasure.
Diving board smith salt jump system type 3 8ft board

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Every box or part will have the model and possibly even serial # on it. Pics are free and stored in the cloud forever. You'll never wonder which skimmer you have when you need a new weir door 15 years from now (etc etc). I know this is my skimmer but if you don't just know something, sharpie the box for the pic.

20220415_130558.jpg

Throughout the build, get stupid with the pics. Measurements from permanent start points such as the home foundation are just as important when you want to to plant a row of bushes next year. Or in 25 years when you're chasing a plumbing leak. But yeah, that bush that's there today might not be there next time so pick a good start point for the measurements. Sometimes my shovel was the marker on the tape measure, sometimes it *was* the tape measure. :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_20231227_192628_Gallery.jpg

20220528_190543.jpg

Reactions: setsailsoon
LOVE IT!!! That is going to BLING so good with water in the pool and the sun shining! Now ask to borrow their grout sticks so you can see what color of grout you like the gets. White will make each tile stand out where gray will help the blend together more. BOTH are pretty.

Sizeof the spa depends on how many people you think may be using it at any one time.
7’ X 7’ spa seems to be a standard size that builders draw on the plans when customers don’t really have an opinion going in during the design phase.
Size of the spa is not as important as number of jets and their locations in my experience.
Your question can only be answered by you gathering the information of how you want the spa to perform for your specific needs.

Reactions: setsailsoon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.