malstroud1987

May 14, 2024
arkansas
when it says to put granular stabilizer to raise cya in a sock, does this mean like a sock like we wear on our feet? Or something for a pool called a sock? I’m assuming it is what’s in my attached photo below and not a sock for your feet!

Attachments

• IMG_2089.png
    IMG_2089.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 12
Mal,

Some use the type of sock your wear on your feet..

I personally like to use Ladies Knee High Stockings.. They work best for me.

I add the CYA to the stocking, and use neck of the stocking to hang it in front of an operating pool return.

I leave it that way for an hour and then come back and squeeze it. I do this once or twice and the CYA will be mixed with the pool water in a few hours.

Thanks,

Jim R.

So many ways to do this. I do almost the same as Jim. In the end, it's very easy. Just don't let the sock lay against the side of the pool.

full

Just to add on to what Jim and Tex posted. I guess you could use a regular cotton sock but I've never done so. Women's knee high pantyhose works well because they are long enough to hang over the edge (with a brick/weight on pool deck holding it on in place) and reach most returns.

You could also use the skimmer basket socks you have pictured and it's what I use because I actually use those in my skimmer baskets when the pollen is bad so I always have a pack on hand. The only issue is they aren't very long so you have to Macgyver it to get it to the front of a return. I use a pool pole with a piece of twine to make it long enough to reach the jet.

Reactions: malstroud1987
I used to cut the sleeves off a long sleeve tshirt for a large 'sock' with a large pool. I had one to donate most years anyway. Then I got the bright idea to pour a giant pile on the chest of the shirt and tie it up like a roast or a hobo stick and get to reuse the shirt year after year. Plus, the material is doubled up in case of any rips in my donated (old) shirt.

Screenshot_20240516_122552_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: malstroud1987