Spillway surface ideas

wife and i are having the same debate right now. She wants blue 6x6 tile, I want a neutral beige/cream and blue glass mosaic on the spa.

It's so hard to decide. I haven't been able to find a glass mosaic to match a slate blue tile (other than the one I posted in my very first post in this thread. But I don't love that mosaic as much as the Arctic Lagoon.) My pool doesn't have too many bells and whistles so I feel like the neutral waterline tile will be just meh and kinda blend with the deck, however when you see the mosaic I think it might make up for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I vote for the top samples: the Arctic lagoon glass and beige 6x6.

To me the blue 6x6 tile looks old like the red tile currently on the pool. But it's hard to tell on different devices and screens. Take care! Suz.

Thanks! Pic is not the best quality... I think I have given up on the rustic slate look if I am trying to use an iridescent glass mosaic. If we decided to update our decking later it will make it easier to match the neutral tile. Thanks again!

Thanks so much appelbe! It looks beautiful. We are going with the arctic lagoon and bought the tile today :) I can't wait. Hubs is a tile contractor and doing the tile prep right now in the 90 weather ... Poor guy
Thank you for sharing all of your pics it definitely helped make the decision a no brainer.

Our pool is finally finished and we can go swimming in the 105 heat tomorrow. It has been torture the past week...Here are some before and after pics :) Thank you everyone for your recommendations on the tile...we are really happy with the way everything turned out.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 174
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 174
  • photo 6.jpg
    photo 6.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 171
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 174
sorry I was having issues uploading. My computer is sooooo slooow. and I am realizing I am a terrible photographer :) I posted 1 more.

Funny you ask about the tile. I did the top 2 steps and my husband did the rest. I made sure they were pretty darn straight :) He is a tile contractor so we were able to save a little $ with him doing the work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I should have known!

There was one build, oh my, where the tile was AWFUL! Poorly cut, not a straight line anywhere. Just awful. The po was in tears. I am not sure what ended up happening.

Your pics look awesome. I like how you took them! They look artsy!

Kim

It is Gorgeous!! Everything looks great, and the glass tile puts it all over the top! That tile was the perfect touch! And I think ya'll made the right choice to use that pretty beige tile for the waterline. It all looks so elegant! I bet every time you look at your pool, you guys smile! Congratulations!

Send more pictures when youget a chance! Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.