Bradly2osu

Jun 6, 2023
Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have a 1-1/2 hp 240v silencer blower. Pool is new equipmemt hooked up in the last 2 months. I ran it it twice with blower worked fine. Now when I turn blower on it will come on then off within a 20-30 seconds. Sometimes I turn on from app or intellicenter panel and it doesn’t even turn on. Even though it shows it’s on from panel. Not sure what’s going on. Wanted some help. wanted to make sure everything was hooked up correctly. One thing I did notice is the air from blower connects to line which is before it goes through cartridge filter and heater which seems like that’s unnecessary, but I’m not sure. When it runs then stops the breaker does not trip. Any ideas?

Blower air line should not go through filter or heater.

Show us pics of the way it is setup.

Blower motor is overheating due to too much back pressure and thermal cutoff is shutting it down.

Reactions: 98Poolmaster
Well I messed with it a little today and the blower did come on. But I turned the blower on with the spa pump off. Prior to that I had spa pump on and turned the blower on and it worked the first couple times but the last time it did not and blower would start then just shut off. And not come back on. Like my first post explains. This time with blower on and running I turned spa pump to half speed and it really blew like a typical spa, but then the spa pump shuts off after 30 seconds or so. Then 2 minutes later the spa pump comes on and then off again. Only thing I noticed is with this setup half speed on spa pump and blower on just messing with it for like 10 minutes, it lost like 2-3” Of water. Also attached is picture of setup.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpeg
    IMG_0101.jpeg
    762.3 KB · Views: 6
I can’t tell much about how your blower is piped from the pic of the pipe behind your filter.

You have unbalanced water and air pressures in your spa. The air/water manifold or plumbing may not have been properly done. You may not have a Hartford Loop in the air plumbing allowing water to get too far into the air line.

Your blower is too weak to overcome the water flow and the motor overheats and shuts down.

We see many of these poorly designed and built spas.

Lower your spa jet pump speed until you find a water flow that allows the air to mix with the water at the jets.

I believe you’re right. The blower pipe is piped from Equipmemt underground to the spa about a 50’ run. The spa is elevated 6’ above the ground. I have not covered up any piping as of yet from equipment to about 25’ from pad. Since things are finished I’m trying to make sure it all works prior to putting in pavers. I did have issues with pool builder who basically disappeared after I paid him to install coping and tile and had to get another pool builder come finish equipment install. I looked at the Hartford loop and the guys who installed did not add that in, which could have been done pretty easy at the time. But I think it’s possible to put it in now if need be. However it would have to be approximately 25’ from spa and 25’ from blower. When I take off the blower from the pipe and spa pump is on water will flow out of that pipe. So I’m guessing with the Hartford loop no water should get that far as it’ll have a check valve.

Your blower cannot clear 50’ of water in the air pipe.

The Hartford Loop should be installed as close to the spa as possible to have a small amount of water in the air pipe. I don’t know if 25’ of water in the air pipe will allow the air blower to work properly.

. So I’m guessing with the Hartford loop no water should get that far as it’ll have a check valve.

The design of the Hartford Loop prevents water from going past it. The loop needs to be above the waterline and have the multiple loops to provide an air gap the water cannot breach.