Should this be sealed?

Yes, it should be sealed.

Show us the other corners.

You have underlying problems that require more then just a bit of sealant of some type.

The white strips are the tops of your pool walls.

The red box shows where the corner has separated between your pool walls and stretched the liner.

The liner has come out of its track on both sides of the corner and at the green box the liner is torn.

The grey material under the stone is Type S Mortar which is the right material for the coping bed. Someone tried to seal all the corners with what looks like white grout over the grey mortar.

All of your corners are in bad shape with the liner off its track and tears.

You can slap on some grout on the gap, like was done in the other corners, but it will not really fix anything.

Enjoy your pool as long as it lasts and start saving for a pool renovation. I don't know what surprises you will find at the corners and the pool walls when the liner is removed. And the coping may need to be removed to rebuild the corners.

rockydoo.jpeg

I guess I shouldn't use my pool robot in wall mode or brush where that tear is.
Would pool liner tape work to slow down/protect the tear at least?

The other issues I guess I will deal with when it's time. Hopefully it
will last through the summer

I don't know how much liner tape will help.

Do you have liner lock around your liner track? See Liner Replacement - Further Reading for how liner lock works. You want to make sure the liner does not further come out of the track by the corners.

@Newdude has experience using liner lock.

Reactions: rackydoo
Thanks for all the replies. You guys are very helpful.
I sent the photos to the pool company get their take. The pool is 10 years
old so I know the liner will need replacing sooner than later . I was hoping to get this summer out of it though
We are having the heater replaced and I was hoping that would be it for this year.

Reactions: newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support