lebanon OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I’m getting a 24 ft Radiant pool installed in a couple weeks hopefully. I’ve decided to use a SWG with help from the site. Couple questions:
1. Should I use all 2 inch PVC and reduce at pool and pump where it is 1 1/2”?
I’ll take any suggestions on plumbing I figured to put a ball valve after the skimmer and at the inlet and then some unions
2. Unfortunately, due to the layout of my yard and deck/ patio, the pool equipment kind of needs to be placed somewhere around the south and west side of the pool which is where the prevailing winds come from. How close should the skimmer be located to the equipment without messing up the pump output? I attached some pump info. If the skimmer is placed with the wind at its back, is it that much of a problem?

Attachments

• IMG_0174.png
    IMG_0174.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 5
1. Should I use all 2 inch PVC and reduce at pool and pump where it is 1 1/2”?

That is fine.

I’ll take any suggestions on plumbing I figured to put a ball valve after the skimmer and at the inlet and then some unions

We recommend diverter valves that will last much longer then ball valves.

How close should the skimmer be located to the equipment without messing up the pump output?

Feet of Head does not mean distance from skimmer. You can place the pump any distance using the correct size pipes. Under 50 feet 2" PVC will be fine.

If the skimmer is placed with the wind at its back, is it that much of a problem?

The skimmer will not be very effective on windy days. The surface winds will affect the path of debris more then the water flow will.

Read Equipment Pad Best Practices - Further Reading

Feet of Head does not mean distance from skimmer. You can place the pump any distance using the correct size pipes. Under 50 feet 2" PVC will be fine.
Thanks. Just realized the feet of head pipe chart I was looking at was per 100ft. Makes more sense now
We recommend diverter valves that will last much longer then ball valves.
Yes. I’ve been looking at these. Are the fibropool ones decent?