Question with pool light fiber optic to led kit upgrade.

Scottytoohottie

May 24, 2020
Phoenix
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
HI, so my pool light stopped working. I have the aqualink rs control. The fiber optic to led kit was installed prior to be purchasing the home. My troubleshooting so far is - relay works has 120v going to light tower, fuses good, power coming out of the transformer is 3.8V on both leads. This connects to the light wiring. Since there is voltage, I am assuming the light needs to be replaced.? rather not pull it if there's something I am missing.? If i need to pull light is it better to buy new transformer etc.. or buy the exact same replacement is I can figure it out. thanks for your help.

HI, so my pool light stopped working. I have the aqualink rs control. The fiber optic to led kit was installed prior to be purchasing the home. My troubleshooting so far is - relay works has 120v going to light tower, fuses good, power coming out of the transformer is 3.8V on both leads. This connects to the light wiring. Since there is voltage, I am assuming the light needs to be replaced.? rather not pull it if there's something I am missing.? If i need to pull light is it better to buy new transformer etc.. or buy the exact same replacement is I can figure it out. thanks for your help.
Depends what you mean by “pull the light”. Is the light bad or just the transformer?

What is the rated output of the transformer? Should be on the enclosure, but are listed as having a 12V and a 13V tap. Don't know of any rated at 3.8V. That's where I would start.
I have no idea the assembly is 15 yrs old and faded. Maybe I should just replace the whole fiber -led kit and get a new transformer and light kit all together. get rid of the fiber optic light tower mess. any suggestions on kits. I guess i would need to know the niche size first.

After cross reference some numbers looks like I have the fiberstar 2008. Inside looks like original except fornthe led lite spliced in after transformer. Possible a fiberstar led lite. Hmmm.