Pre pool opening (white water mold)

My question is -
am I doing it right? Adding 5 ppm over knowing the loss is coming from sun.
Do you guys normally add Lc twice per day?
Thanks
Oh btw June 5th sand change
Before I went SWG I did liquid chlorine for about 3 or 4 years. I had to have my CYA around 50-60 to keep my daily loss about 3-4 during the hottest part of the summer in full sun if I didn't have a solar cover on. I added my LC after the sun went down in the evening. I always dosed to about 10ppm about a quart to half gallon a night.
If you dose it in the evening and run it hot, you should be able to get away with once a day. I think you need to bring your CYA up to help hold it.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Its powder says active ingredient cyanuric acid . I don’t see other ingredients listed . 1lb raises 10k gallons 10 ppm.

Pucks 99% trichlor

I can add either tonight whichever you think best .

Yup. Carrot on a stick like in front of a return. With warmer water it'll probably be mush in an hour. Or let it soak overnight and it'll squish in the AM.

Brush well after. (y)

Yes. Raise and road test. Each 10 CYA adds 4 ppm to SLAM target. You can stay on top of the pool care this year but life may still get in the way as it does and you'll want to slam with lower FC. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Doing cya today.
Fc was 7.5 this am, closed it after testing. Didn’t add lc
10 hours closed I lost 3 ppm fc (now 4.5) thought it was a good time to check ph since I’m under 10 fc.
Adjusting that now. Wait 20 min
Retest ph if good
Add Lc wait 20 min
Add cya sock

Reactions: newdude
Ok when you say squish it , I can touch it barehanded?
I was assuming it was going in a literal sock. It's harmless and you can squish the sock.

I swim mine around when it's warmer, in a giant cloud. (I keep my head above water, just because eyes, but am otherwise ok).
This works ?
It'll do this time. Some small pieces may get through the net and sit on the bottom. Brush well a few times (every 15 mins ?) until it's gone.
Shoot I was so excited about cya I forgot the Lc
Happens to me all day long. I'm like a dog who saw a squirell. :ROFLMAO:

Oh the granules are in a pool skimmer sock tied up, suspended in that net.

How long do I have to wait to add Lc?

Also I tested cya before adding its to the top of the tube completely and I still see the dot . Not like clear as day but it is visible

Oh the granules are in a pool skimmer sock tied up, suspended in that net.
Ok PHEW. Don't worry me like that.

Then yes. Your way is GREAT.
How long do I have to wait to add Lc?
You can add FC at the same time, just away from the net. Use a different return or move the net to the other end until the FC has a few minutes to mix.
Also I tested cya before adding its to the top of the tube completely and I still see the dot . Not like clear as day but it is visible
That's good. So it was real low and hopefully explains the crazy daytime loss.

Thanks so much

I’ve always been afraid to pour Lc or anything else in front of that one because it’s kinda shallow there, but the only other one I have is straight across from the skimmer
(That’s where I normally add everything) my “deep” end is 4.5 ish ft flat bottom

Fine time to ask (2 months later 🤣)
But which is better for my additions ?

I am off to a long High School concert so I'll be MIA.

There's plenty of folks around though. :)
But which is better for my additions
I use my shallow end because I have no choice, but if given the choice i would anyway because It's easier to brush after.

Reactions: Badpoolmom
I’m getting a tad tired of babysitting this cya and brushing.
I’d say there is a 1/4 or a 1/3 left in the sock . I’ve been squishing and brushing. Not a ton but some settling on the bottom. I’m afraid to let it sit there too long .
Am I being paranoid?
I need to cook lol but haven’t wanted to leave it . It’s been about three hours

Like just stand there for 5 minutes & squeeze it until it’s dissolved & the sock is empty.
Should be good & mushy & very squeezable by now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support