Power out/Communication Lost

AA_DFW

Bronze Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
Dallas
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have a saltwater pool. Pentair Intelliflow Variable Speed Pump, Intellichlor Chloronator and Pentair Easytouch Control System.

I have been getting the following Alarms:
Pump 1: Power Outage Alarm
Pump 1: Communication Lost

Being a lurker, I have read up quite a bit and understand this to be a wiring issue with the pump not being wired to constant power but to the relay?

I am attaching a pic of my wiring. Looking forward to your assistance and thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3581.jpeg
    IMG_3581.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 16
AA,

If you put your system into the Service mode, does the pump have any power, or is the display blank?

Tell us which of the conduits at the bottom of your EasyTouch is going to your IntelliFlo pump???

Thanks,

Jim R.

AA,

This means that your pump is wired to the load (Output) side of the Pump/Filter relay, which is wrong.

I would suggest that you move the pump wiring over to the line (Input) side of the relay.. but.. Your pump is also connected to additional wires by wires nuts, and I have no clue where those additional wires go. Do you know what else is powered by the load side of your Pump/Filter relay??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Based on the diagram, if I trace it, it looks like it’s wired to Load 1.

Filter Pump Relay
The black wire goes to the second screw (which is marked as Load 1). The red wire goes to last screw (Load 2). Line 1 (black) and Line 2 (red) go to the the main power. The Load 2 yellow wire goes to the transformer. Load 2 white wire also goes to the transformer.

I also have a Polaris booster pump, which is the first conduit.

Aux 1 Relay
The black wire from the first conduit goes to the second screw on the Aux1 relay. The red wire goes to the last screw of the Aux1 relay.

Wire nuts make it difficult so howpfully my tracing helped.

Attachments

• IMG_3591.jpeg
    IMG_3591.jpeg
    534.7 KB · Views: 2
AA,

If I understand correctly the wire nuts are just being used to make the pump wires longer... If that is true, then the fix is easy..

Take the Black wire on Load1 and move it over to Line1, leave the White wire on Load1 by itself. Then take the Black wires on Load2 and move it over to Line2, leave the Yellow wire on Load2 by itself.

Once you do that, the pump should have constant AC power and when you go into the Service mode, the pump's display can be used to manually control the pump (when needed)..

Also, when in the Service mode, the salt cell should have NO lights at all, and that is how it is currently wired, so no change there.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim, seems pretty simple. Quick (possibly dumb) question, does it matter if I move Black to Line 1 on the relay, or move it to the wire nut that currently takes Line 1 to the power source? Just want to make sure. Either way I’ll have to get some wire nuts as I can’t jam two 12 awg in Line 1

Attachments

• IMG_3593.jpeg
    IMG_3593.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 2
AA,

The pump wires just need to be connected to constant 240 volt AC power.. Does not matter where it gets this voltage, as long as it is constant and not controlled by a relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.