Pool Steps

excitingname

Nov 18, 2022
A2Eon2450!
Question about steps & pool bottom:

Water depth 42" at shallow end and 5' at deep end, currently have a steady sloped bottom from shallow to deep
At 42" water I need all steps to have a rise of 9.2" Ya, I know 9.2, good luck getting that exact (9" rise for top step includes coping)
The problem is the final step down into the bottom of the pool

The current plan is for a gradual slope which makes that final step down onto the bottom of the pool different from Left side of stairs to Right
The stairs are 8'8" wide at the widest. This makes it the 9.2" on the left of stairs, about 12'2" in the middle and a whopping 15ft6 on right!
I'm worried about the inconsistency of the last step. Will it be disorienting, tripping hazard, or will it not really be a issue? The water will be about 4ft deep at the 15ft 6" step.

Should I keep it a slope? or flatten the bottom to where the steps end and then start the slope to the deep end?
Well, can you really swim and do laps with a 42" shallow end? Will you kick the bottom?
Will a 6ft tall person enjoy having a 12'2" long shallow end and a 15' deep end

All thoughts opinions rants, raves etc are welcome

Will a 6ft tall person enjoy having a 12'2" long shallow
I hate my 42 inch shallow end being 6'3. It's too shallow to comfortably kneel and too deep to sit. So I have to do this weird half kneel half sit half float contortion and I just usually just don't. :ROFLMAO:

If I don't want to swim, I hang out half way down the slope, shoulders deep.
Well, can you really swim and do laps with a 42" shallow end? Will you kick the bottom?
You'll probably smack your knuckles.
enjoy having a 12'2" long shallow end
How wide is it ? Mine is 12x20 and for being so short, it's still as big as some pools.

Should I keep it a slope?
What about making the whole shallow end a ever so slight slope from the step height to the actual slope. You'd never notice a couple inches wasn't flat over 12 ft.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.