Pool Skimmer basket problem

Ron55

Bronze Supporter
Jun 23, 2013
SW Florida
I went away fo the weekend and nature picked that time to blow all the flower petals from my cherry tree into the pool. The skimmer baskets got so full that the suction pulled them beneath the support rings in the skimmer.
I managed to retrieve them, clean everything out but the trim rings got dislodged and cannot figure out how to reattach them.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Pool4.jpg
    Pool4.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 16
What is the model number of your skimmer?

Look at the words or numbers on the bottom of your skimmer cover or basket.

Wow. Do you have a main drain? My baskets get super full as well when the cherry and plums bloom but my main drain takes some of the load off the baskets.

Wow. Do you have a main drain? My baskets get super full as well when the cherry and plums bloom but my main drain takes some of the load off the baskets.

And some people say there is no reason for a main drain. This is a case in point that there are reasons for a main drain.

Reactions: panic_button
I had a main drain but the town where I live changed the code.
The problem is I should have never planted a flowering tree close to the pool. The wind always blows them into the pool and I have this issue every year. Usually I am at home to stay on top of it but not this year.

Thanks for the help. I can't believe I didn't;t think of inserting the trim ring from the front of the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.