Please help, issue with flow rate I cannot resolve or figure out

May 2, 2024
Missouri
I have spent several days and phone calls on this and I have not had a single suggestion as to what is happening.

I opened the pool last week and as far as I know, it was all ok. According to my Pentair App, the pump was set at 65 GPM, it was running at 3000 RPM using 1468 Watts, and the flow reading was 65 GPM. I did not verify good flow at the pool.
Then the flow rate massively decreased and I got a high pressure warning in the app. Current the pump is set for flow at 20 GPM, it is running at 3000 RPM using 824 Watts, and there is no flow rate reading. Flow at the pool is very low.
The filter unit pressure is 30 psi, which seems high with little flow. I do not have a bypass for the heater.

My initial thoughts that may need corrected:
The high RPM but low flow rate could signal a pump issue such as leaking air into the pump. I do not see any air in the water but there is a lot of air coming out the rear of the pump: I am not sure how much is normal.
The filter manual gauge reading 30psi would indicate it is not a pump issue, but a blockage somewhere. But this does not explain the high RPM on the pump.

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    642.5 KB · Views: 6