Please help costumer gives me 8 more days or no pay

EASpools

In The Industry
May 1, 2024
Cusseta, AL

please help with green pool cleanup​

Long story short i have a pool cleaning company and i have done over 20 green to cleans this year with SLAM or flocculant either A or B always works for me but this pool nothing is working please any advice is great!
first reading 5 days ago
PH- 7.2
TA- 60
CYA- 32
Copper- 1.4ppm
Dumped 8Gallons Liquid chlorine in it brushed very good
Day 3 added 12 lbs cal Hypo 73%
Day 6 NOW
PH- 6.7
TA- 45
CYA- 42
Copper- 1.5ppm
and Phospates are up 800
I dont understand either, i put so much chlorine in it in the past 4 days yet me free chlorine is 0.26ppm and total chlorine is 1.5ppm, Combined chlorine is 1.24ppm

The drop in pH and the combined chlorine levels indicate that the pool probably has a lot of ammonia.

You have to follow the SLAM process to completion, but the copper can possibly come out as stains, so you would probably be better off draining and refilling rather than trying to salvage the water.

Note that drainage a pool has multiple risks including the pool popping out of the ground, so you have to make sure that you know how to do it safely without damaging anything.

What test kit do you have?

What type of pool is it?

Are there any copper stains?

Trying to SLAM a pool where you have to travel to the pool is difficult because it requires a lot of testing and adding chlorine especially when the chlorine is being used up quickly by algae or ammonia.

You might need to add 1 time per hour, which is not practical for a service person.

I would avoid calcium hypochlorite because it is highly likely to precipitate copper stains.

Can you safely drain and refill?

What test kit do you have?

What type of pool is it?

Are there any copper stains?

Trying to SLAM a pool where you have to travel to the pool is difficult because it requires a lot of testing and adding chlorine especially when the chlorine is being used up quickly by algae or ammonia.

You might need to add 1 time per hour, which is not practical for a service person.

I would avoid calcium hypochlorite because it is highly likely to precipitate copper stains.

Can you safely drain and refill?
i can maybe drain i have did so many green to cleans before but when i started this one i mean it was bad bad likle super dark green couldnt see past 2 inches but im so hurt that it doesnt look better yet

Have you used a deep net to remove all of the debris from the bottom?

How much debris was in the water and on the bottom?

If you drain and refill, make sure that you can do it safely.

Is the pool vinyl, concrete or fiberglass?

A SLAM can take a long time with heavy algae and ammonia.

Some service people are more aggressive with adding chlorine to speed up the process, but that can possibly damage the pool and equipment.

If you can't safely drain and refill, you just have to take whatever time is necessary to complete a full SLAM.