Plc1400 calibration

blazin

Bronze Supporter
Jul 29, 2017
Franklin, MA
Brand new system, it's reading 1000 ppm, my test shows 800 ppm, close enough.

I can't get into the Calibration menu.

I follow the procedure but just see a temperature when I hit the temp button.

I've tried program A and B
My buzzer is enabled and beeping
I'm counting the press as 1 then 2 more beeps
My trip sensor is connected to the board with the ...A15 firmware sticker
I've tried in both service and auto modes.

200 ppm isn't a deal breaker, but I'm puzzled as to why I can't get into this menu and why this is such a PITA for many people.

Brand new system, it's reading 1000 ppm, my test shows 800 ppm, close enough.

I can't get into the Calibration menu.

I follow the procedure but just see a temperature when I hit the temp button.

I've tried program A and B
My buzzer is enabled and beeping
I'm counting the press as 1 then 2 more beeps
My trip sensor is connected to the board with the ...A15 firmware sticker
I've tried in both service and auto modes.

200 ppm isn't a deal breaker, but I'm puzzled as to why I can't get into this menu and why this is such a PITA for many people.
Forgot I ran

Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the front board. Press and hold the test buttons marked salinity and R-temp. While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 2.8 gpl*.
While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’). It should read 75° F or 24° C.
Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 91° F or 33° C .
If the readings are correct then the front board is O.K. and the problem is with the flow sensor.

On the other hand if the readings are different then it indicates that there is a problem with the board.

I came back with 3.2, 74, and 91.