Plaster in pool/spa water?

poolnoob626

In The Industry
Jun 14, 2023
Northern Utah
I have what looks like plaster in the pool/spa water , seems worse in the spa. The pool and spa were acid washed before it was closed due to black algae in some spots of both the pool and the spa. Both also had white stuff coming out the plaster walls (plaster?) The acid wash got rid of the black algae stains and the plaster stuff but 5 months later when I re opened the pool (spa stayed open with pump and heater running, I did not take care of it during this time though) I noticed the spa had this brownish debris settled at the bottom, some of it stuck even which is why I drained the spa right now to scrape it off. My question is what is causing this stuff to come out the plaster walls? It was also found in the filter and pump basket, as well as heater
I have got the pool chemical levels right now at
FC:10 (I shocked it yesterday, letting the sun hit it right now to get it down to safe levels)
CC:0
TA:100
CA:350
Cya:0
The pool and spa are connected but the pool water was not allowed to mix with the spa water during the pool was closed

Attachments

• IMG20240410143416.jpg
    IMG20240410143416.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG20240410143355.jpg
    IMG20240410143355.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 11
What kind of filter do you have?? (please add a signature line with all pool details, like mine. Under Setting) That you acid washed the pool and it wasn't open to be cleaned- Well, acid just that removes top layer of plaster and probably what you're seeing. Acid shortens the life of your plaster also. Your filter may be clogged with plaster debris and at the least needs cleaning.
What is your filter pressure now? Is that normal pressure?

Maddie 🇮🇹