Montoursville/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Added pool automation this year, everything seems to up and running connecting all per manuals. Question - I seem to have control of the IC40 through the APP, however I noticed the % output indicators on the unit itself are not lit up as they were prior to the adding the automation unit, is this normal??

You should see the % output change on the IC40 after you change it in the Pentair Home app. There is a slight delay, but never more than a few seconds for me. If the IC40 is connected correctly through the RS-485 cable to your Intelliconnect, you should only be able to change the output in the app, and not on the IC40 itself.

Do you have a cable running from the RS-485 port on the Intellichlor power center to the RS-485 port on the Intelliconnect?

jt,

When using the IntelliConnect, I "think" that the sanitizer lights are off when the pump is not running.

In all other Pentair automation systems, the power to the cell is supposed to be turned off, if the pump is not being told to run.

With the IntelliConnect, the system turns the cell's output to zero, if the pump is not being told to run.

Thanks,

Jim R.

You should see the % output change on the IC40 after you change it in the Pentair Home app. There is a slight delay, but never more than a few seconds for me. If the IC40 is connected correctly through the RS-485 cable to your Intelliconnect, you should only be able to change the output in the app, and not on the IC40 itself.

Do you have a cable running from the RS-485 port on the Intellichlor power center to the RS-485 port on the Intelliconnect?

I was just down looking at it and noticed the green cell light is also off. I am using the RS connection green & yellow connections per the IC and Intelliconnect instructions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430_141152_Pentair Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_141152_Pentair Home.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240430_141050.jpg
    20240430_141050.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 5
I was just down looking at it and noticed the green cell light is also off. I am using the RS connection green & yellow connections per the IC and Intelliconnect instructions.
Can you change the output on the IC40?

The cell light is only on when the IC40 is producing chlorine.

I would double-check the RS-485 connections at both ends. Be sure to have the power off on both the Intelliconnect and the IC Power Center when you are working on that.

If that doesn't work, I would contact Pentair support and have them update the firmware on the Intelliconnect.