SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
So I told my builder I'm opening on my own last fall. He walked me through the closing which I'm going to attempt by myself this fall.

Pool installed and finished in Oct 2021. I had a slide installed. They cut my slide hose because it would not blow out and my builder is coming out whenever (??) to put a valve or whatever on it. If I decide to open before he gets out here, can I leave the slide line off and keep it isolated and still open the pool? I dont see why not... I just want to make sure I can do it before he shows up.

I'm probably going to unplug my lines in a couple weeks. I may or may not need help. My slide line is all the way on the right. The other 4 are my return lines and then my skimmer line all the way on the left.

Attachments

• 20211019_083344.jpg
    20211019_083344.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 69
can I leave the slide line off and keep it isolated and still open the pool?
Sure. I suspect the cut end is capped or covered somehow to prevent anything from getting in it? But you can certainly isolate that line from the equipment pad and press-on with your opening when you are ready.

Sure. I suspect the cut end is capped or covered somehow to prevent anything from getting in it? But you can certainly isolate that line from the equipment pad and press-on with your opening when you are ready.
Well... it wasnt capped but it was drooping over. It looks like uhmm a you know... I'm not saying it but you get my drift. I'm not sure what he's going to put there but I'd imagine it would unscrew ?? so I can blow the line out in the fall. He said he didnt have enough pressure to clear the line so he had to cut it and put something on in the spring to fix it. I trust him completely!!! He has been amazing with communication with me throughout the whole process of discussing, contracting, waiting, questions, bs-ing, more questions, renegotiating extra concrete and allowing me to use a cc to put it on which they don't normally do. I was texting him today and he was answering questions about getting my handrail in. I told him, You can send anyone over to look at the pool so they can see what they are getting. He liked that.

I'm excited to get going but I'm afraid it may be to early n we may get one more cold spell. I dont want to worry about my pool lines freezing even though I know I can run my pump. It would look gorgeous all cleaned up with a ton of snow around it though.

Attachments

• 20220321_094645.jpg
    20220321_094645.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220321_094723.jpg
    20220321_094723.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 64
My granddaughter absolutely loves the slide. I cant wait to use it too! It's the Typhoon.

Reactions: Texas Splash
I'm excited to get going but I'm afraid it may be to early n we may get one more cold spell.
There is always an oooops every year. But if we get a warm spell, fire it up as you'd rather have a circulating cold for 3 days pool instead of a still swamp.

It's not looking bad for Carlos just puting around in it for last 3 days. Running the system would clear it in a day though.

Attachments

• 20220321_124821.jpg
    20220321_124821.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220321_125646.jpg
    20220321_125646.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220321_124737.jpg
    20220321_124737.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220321_124632.jpg
    20220321_124632.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220321_124616.jpg
    20220321_124616.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220321_121849.jpg
    20220321_121849.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220321_124827.jpg
    20220321_124827.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: borjis and TKpoolOH
My granddaughter absolutely loves the slide. I cant wait to use it too! It's the Typhoon.
I've got the same Typhoon slide for when my pool gets done, my kids are so excited! I'm sure you'll love it!

Would love to hear how your heat pump does when you start using it. I'm in northeast Ohio, so would think my heat pump would work comparably to yours (once the pool is actually done of course ;)).

Reactions: Casey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm in northeast Ohio, so would think my heat pump would work comparably to yours
I had a 140k HP with 35k gallons at our general distance from the equator. No 2 years were the same. It was awesome the warm year. It barely worked the cold one. The cooler years were somewhere in between that worked but were expensive.

On the plus side, when the air temps make it struggle or quit, you are more likely to want to go for a bike ride without sweating for the first time in 3 months anyway.

Last edited:
I had a 140k HP with 35k gallons at our general distance from the equator. No 2 years were the same. It was awesome the warm year. It barely worked the cold one. The cooler years were somewhere in between that worked but were expensive.

On the plus side, when the air temps make it struggle or quit, you are more likely to want to go for a bike ride without sweating for the forst time in 3 months anyway.
Thanks, that all makes sense! I grew up swimming in a spring fed lake April through October, so I actually prefer cold water. However, wife prefers it a little warmer, but the kids will swim in anything!

Reactions: Casey and newdude
Alas, no, not an Icelandic geothermal lake! Spring water constant 55, so April/May temps under 70, June temps 75 ish, July/August temps 80-85 depending upon the summer, September 75, October under 70.

Casey..,do you think folks in the neighborhood might be thinking that your pool is for everyone's use? LOL. (if they can see it it must be a public pool right??)
I was thinking that their are green fake bushes you can put on your fence to give you a bit more privacy.

Just a thought?
Maddie 🇺🇦

• Haha
No. I dont think anyone thinks it's a public pool but it's funny you mention it because someone said DANG... That looks like it could be a public pool! I guess they said with it sitting in the empty lot in the residential neighborhood that's what it looks like. I had a couple walking n the guy was complimenting me about how beautiful it was. No body has invited themselves over except people at the prison. I'm not even sure I want them over after everything that's happened at work this past month. I have thuja green Giants planted on the inside n outside of the fence. Its going to be next year until I see privacy. They ones on the outside are going to explode in growth this year n next.

I feel like I have a suction side air leak. My filter has air in it every time I bleed it because my pump basket has air in it. Still this morning, pump basket and filter have air in it along with SWG because I can see it in the top of the glass. I shut my system down and came to work. I did turn my lights on and look at the pool at 0400 this morning. It looks nice. I did not think to look at water covering the skimmer. I will when I get home at 1500.

Not sure if I should isolate my return lines and try to bleed them out one at a time. I filled my basket 2 times to prime without any Problems. PB said it would work itself out and I dont think it has. I had a heck of a time getting the gizmo out of the skimmer. Air in pump basket doesnt sound so good right now. Again... system is off til I get home!

A video to show spurts of air and on my way to TFP water. It looks nice. I'm just irritated over the air leak right now.

Reactions: JoeSelf

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.