Old concrete pool refinishing in northern climates.

seb799

Aug 5, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hello all,

We purchased a home last year with an old concrete swimming pool, probably from the 80's (36 x 16 x 9) that is in need of some repairs and refinishing.
We are located in Quebec, Canada, were winter temperatures can drop below -30c (-22f).

I have read everything I could find about pool refinishing, and the standard advice is generally to go with a replastering, or to shell out and go with PebbleTec.
I understand that painting the pool is seen as a short term solution at best.

I have now contacted multiple (all) concrete pool repair companies in my area, and they are all offering to sandblast and repaint the pool, with an epoxy based paint, which should last 5-6 years.
The quotes I have received generally range around 10K to 20K CAD, not including concrete repair, if needed.

Is there a reason why replastering or other finishes are not offered in northern climates ?
Does anyone have experience with refinishing a pool in northern freezing climates ?

Nice backyard and I wish I had some assistance, but I too cant find a PebbleTec, or competitor anywhere near Montreal. Generally speaking, painting a concrete pool is short lived and that's a lot of $ for a relatively short term solution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.