Brauch

Mar 4, 2024
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Had a giant thunderstorm come through last night. Got home from work today (I leave before sun up) and the pump wasn’t running and my pool was full of dirt. I checked it out and the fuse was flipped. I reset it and fired it up to back wash. The pump immediately started smoking. As for the dirt in the pool, it washed in from the side yard. Poor drainage. Now I’ve got a swamp of a pool and a presumably dead pump. My go to guy says he can’t get here until early next week. What can I do in the meantime to decrease further problems? So far I’ve just added some liquid chlorine, skimmed the floating debris, and am running my crawler.

IMG_2954.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer man. Sorry to hear. :(

Add LC daily, brush and run the robot to mix it up.

You could also use a submersible pump for circulation. Being dirty is one thing. Keep it from becoming a dirty swamp. (y)

Reactions: Brauch
Just an update on this: got a new motor for the pump installed. Pool is clearing up nicely running the filter 24/7 and backwashing daily. Father-in-laws pool guy tried to convince me to let him flock and vacuum it to waste but I am resisting. I'll post pics of progress when I get home today.