Need Suggestion For Less Costly, More Reliable Pool Robot

Swim138

Mar 14, 2018
Tucson, AZ
I have the Aiper Orca 1200 Pro which is 2 years old now and has quit working. It was $600 new and warranty is only good 30 days. Clearly not buying another Aiper product.
Can anyone recommend a less expensive, more reliable pool robot?
Please don’t suggest I manually vacuum and brush pool as I am disabled. i NEED a pool robotic cleaner.
Tia

Based upon recent robot threads, there are none.... :mrgreen:

Check out this review... New EVO 614i Robot Pool Cleaner Review

I like my new EVO a lot, but it is only a few months old and I have no way of knowing how long it will last. It also does not have a weekly timer if that is something you need.

I have also had good luck with my Dolphin robots, most of mine have lasted 5 or more years. But... Many of our members have seen some early Dolphin failures recently.. The problem of course is that when they fail, people complain, but when they work, no one says anything... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: SJPoe
Surprised that only has a 30 day warranty - I though those came with 2-years ?

1698272581669.png

I have the Aiper Orca 1200 Pro which is 2 years old now and has quit working. It was $600 new and warranty is only good 30 days. Clearly not buying another Aiper product.
Can anyone recommend a less expensive, more reliable pool robot?
Please don’t suggest I manually vacuum and brush pool as I am disabled. i NEED a pool robotic cleaner.
Tia
You can get extended warranties buying on Amazon. Might be an option.

You can get extended warranties buying on Amazon. Might be an option.
I bought this on Amazon. Really not looking for a place to buy it so much as what to buy and a recommendation for what to buy that is less expensive. If you can help with that great. I really don’t need help being told where to get one though thank you though.

Based upon recent robot threads, there are none.... :mrgreen:

Check out this review... New EVO 614i Robot Pool Cleaner Review

I like my new EVO a lot, but it is only a few months old and I have no way of knowing how long it will last. It also does not have a weekly timer if that is something you need.

I have also had good luck with my Dolphin robots, most of mine have lasted 5 or more years. But... Many of our members have seen some early Dolphin failures recently.. The problem of course is that when they fail, people complain, but when they work, no one says anything... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
That robot is even more expensive than the one I bought, by like $400. I am looking for something *less expensive

I am looking for something *less expensive
$600 is the entry to the robot market for inground pools. Many are in the $1000 range and some are double or even triple what you paid.

(Please don't kill the messenger :hug:)

Also please prove me wrong and find us a reliable $500 robot. We'll grant you the title of TFPs favorite member for your efforts. :)

The Seauto shark and seal are in your ballpark range (because of current sales) but the early member reviews on the new player to the game weren't great.

I bought this on Amazon. Really not looking for a place to buy it so much as what to buy and a recommendation for what to buy that is less expensive. If you can help with that great. I really don’t need help being told where to get one though thank you though.
I was referring you to the extended warranty that can be purchased on Amazon so that when it does fail you can possibly get longer life out of it.

Like mentioned above, there aren’t any cheaper versions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.