Silver Supporter
May 1, 2016
Hopkinton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
So our cover is completely dead. No little kids, nobody goes on the back over winter. Don't want to spend too much- saw Dohenys has solid covers for inground for under 2k. Anyone use this brand? The company that installed our pool is outrageous for anything cost wise. I just want something that can last 5 or so years before we sell the house. Any input is appreciated.
I do know that the anchors will not necessarily be in the same spots, but half of the anchors are currently busted anyways. The concrete is our spring project- we had the safety cover with the elephant in the ad.
TBH I am so over the pool, or kid are older and don't use it. This summer has been an utter waste of the pool.. just want to get it covered

I know this isn't exactly what you asked but, if you still have your cover (I think the elephant is Loop Lok), there is a number on the label/tag. With that number and the site in the link, you can order an exact replacement for less than you can get it from a local distributor.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I know this isn't exactly what you asked but, if you still have your cover (I think the elephant is Loop Lok), there is a number on the label/tag. With that number and the site in the link, you can order an exact replacement for less than you can get it from a local distributor.

I wish. The code on the tag is shredded off - I tried contacting loop loc directly and they told me I have to go through the company that first did the cover for us. Which also happens to be a different homeowner.

My experience was I tried to save money and bought a safety cover for about $600 one year to replace my meyco cover, about $1200. I wound up with an impossible to manage level of algae in the pool at opening. The cheaper cover let too much light in so the algae just grew and grew, and grew. If you want to save money get one of those tarp covers and water bags. Just make sure it is solid and will not let light in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.