May need new pump??

342001 is obsolete; the new model is 342002.

342002 SuperFlo VST Variable Speed Pump 1.5 ALM

EC- Is used for products that are only sold online.

Ecommerce (EC) products:

Products purchased from an Authorized Pentair Online Reseller (products beginning with EC-) receive a one (1) year (parts only) warranty from the date of purchase.

The exceptions are: IntelliChlor cells and IntelliFlo SVRS pumps which receive a two (2) year (parts only) warranty.

EC products are not eligible for the bundled three (3) year extended warranty.

Pentair tries to limit the sale of products online, so it is confusing.

Technically, only products that start with EC are available online.

Some sellers sell online anyway or they ship a different pump than the one they advertise.

Opened our pool this weekend. Just as clear as when we closed. The problem is when I turned the pump on, it just hums and then trips the breaker? Think it’s time for a new pump? Do I need to troubleshoot first? The pump is about 11 years old. If new, where is the best place to order and what should I get?
Definitely time for a new pool
Opened our pool this weekend. Just as clear as when we closed. The problem is when I turned the pump on, it just hums and then trips the breaker? Think it’s time for a new pump? Do I need to troubleshoot first? The pump is about 11 years old. If new, where is the best place to order and what should I get?
I would switch to a new pump. What to get is difficult if there is no information on our current system. When I switch pumps I want to know the pool and plumbing size. What is the current equipment (Hayward and Pentair have trouble communicating sometimes). Some guys will no longer install single speeds due to the changes in regulations. The variable speed may be more upfront but will pay for itself in 16 months on enfeebled savings.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got the Black and Decker 3hp variable speed from poolpartstogo.com. Been happy with it. It's got a good warranty on it too. If you search Google you can find a coupon for poolpartstogo.com and they offer free shipping. Plus most utility companies will give you a rebate for getting a variable speed. Think I was only out about $850 for it when it was all said and done.