Brownsburg, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Opened yesterday. Ran pump 24 hrs and tested today.
Thought I would put my numbers in Orenda LSI calculator to see what I might change to balance LSI. (I've never used this method before- help me learn)
Here are my numbers with TF100
FC 5
Cc 0
PH 7.5
TA 140
CH 300
CYA 40
Salt 2970
Water Temp 63

Here is the Orenda app
I feel like I shouldn’t increase my TA as much as they suggest.
230 😬. Can someone teach me more about this method of balancing pool water?
My concern is that my Salt Cell Scales and needs monthly cleaning. I do it with vinegar and a wooden skewer.

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpeg
    IMG_0504.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I feel like I shouldn’t increase my TA as much as they suggest.
You are correct. With a non-trichlor pool, you will rarely (likely never) need to add baking soda. In fact, for a SWCG pool, your TA is on the high side. As you manage pH by adding MA, your TA will decrease over time. Most pools TA will stabilize with TA ~60 and pH in the high 7s.

My concern is that my Salt Cell Scales and needs monthly cleaning. I do it with vinegar and a wooden skewer.
Maintain a slightly negative CSI. Between 0.0 and -0.3 works well. If you maintain proper chemistry, you'll probably never need to clean the cell.

Reactions: JodieM
You are correct. With a non-trichlor pool, you will rarely (likely never) need to add baking soda. In fact, for a SWCG pool, your TA is on the high side. As you manage pH by adding MA, your TA will decrease over time. Most pools TA will stabilize with TA ~60 and pH in the high 7s.

Maintain a slightly negative CSI. Between 0.0 and -0.3 works well. If you maintain proper chemistry, you'll probably never need to clean the cell.
Thank you for the info. I have never had to add Baking Soda to this pool, just MA. I do however have high TA at all times. I have never gotten it down in the correct range. I can try for that and see if that make a difference with my salt cell.

I have never had to add Baking Soda to this pool, just MA. I do however have high TA at all times.
What's the TA and CH of your fill water?

I have never gotten it down in the correct range.
TA is the least important parameter. Manage the pH and let the TA settle where it's happy.

I can try for that and see if that make a difference with my salt cell.
Keeping a slightly negative CSI is key. I've had my cell for almost 4 years with zero cleaning and zero buildup.