intro and issues

Dan S phinx

May 16, 2024
Phoenix, az
Hi, I am a home owner, newly retired who canelled my pool service after 25 years after they sold to an out of state company and after they raised my monthly 5x in 6 months. I used to manage my pool at our previous home, I admit, now that it has been in my care for 4 months, it has turned light green.
bit is a pebble tech, in ground, 20k gal pool. I brought a sample to Lesleys supply and they said the water needs to be replaced. they said that 2 yes ago as well but the services said it was not necessary. I will try and post the test results in next post as this is really long. Besides an introduction, My issues, include: 1 drain or not (CYN vs hardness?), 2. if I do drain can the PTech be dry a week or so, 3 if not drain, what's best to "de-green".
Glad to join you.
Dan

Welcome to the forum!
Post up your issues in the Algae sub forum.
Realize that pool store tests are not accepted on this forum. You need your own proper test kit. Read through the link below.
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Hi Dan! We can help you out. Your pool guy was doing you no good anyways. Good decision to fire him. Take some of those savings and invest in a good test kit. We can show you how to use it and get your water balanced. If you've got a few minutes a day we can get your pool clean and clear.