Intermatic T10004RT1 replacement

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
Hello,

Our pool timer has gotten unreliable. It is 16 years old going by when the pool was built but we have only been here almost 4 years. My husband replaced the motor a year or two ago and it worked better for a while but now it keeps getting stuck. He lubricated the gears recently but that only helped for a few days. I've attached some pics to show what we have. When it gets stuck, it's usually, but not always, right before one of the on/off trigger clips. I had my husband poke around some threads here and he said it's probably time to replace it. Looking for suggestions on what to replace it with. Some of the threads talked about switching to a digital timer... is that what we should do? Hubby is pretty DIY savvy and mechanically inclined. You guys have never steered me wrong. :D TIA!

Update: Just been looking up numbers and wondering about just replacing the mechanism, which seems to be around $70. For instance: Intermatic T104M Mechanical Time Switch Mechanism Only: Wall Timer Switches: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Attachments

• IMG-1298.jpg
    IMG-1298.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-1300.jpg
    IMG-1300.jpg
    771.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-1297.jpg
    IMG-1297.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Replace it with a T104 mechanism if your timer is 240V. T101 if your timer is 120V.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.