I knew I was Pool Stored when...

I have used PR-10000 and it is one of the good products for removing Phosphates. I thought of it like insurance and my pool does not need Phosphates so for $30 I thought it was worth to remove something that may give algae a head start and i'm away and my SWCG losses power. At $6/gal for LC in my area even a quick slam gets pricey. Just my 2 cents.
Here we pay $25 for 5 liters (a bit over a gallon) 15%

• Wow
Reactions: PoolStored
Here? On TFPF? That would get jumped on so fast by every admin and mod he would've never seen it coming.
OMG, no..........
Where I live, pools are not that common. And most people have AGP which they drain every year (and sometimes during the season when they turn green......).
This "expert" is a guy who paid an obscene amount for his IG, and thinks that gives him the right to call himself an expert.
He's the one new pool owners turn to, because "he has an IG :love:" Apparently that's a seal of approval of some sort......
His pool is always slightly turqoise......... Not entirely green, but with a hint........
According to him that's natural, since "water is blue and chlorine is yellow"......... - The expert has spoken, bow in awe to His Majesty........ :ROFLMAO:

His pool is always slightly turqoise......... Not entirely green, but with a hint........
According to him that's natural, since "water is blue and chlorine is yellow"......... - The expert has spoken, bow in awe to His Majesty........ :ROFLMAO:
We shall henceforth refer to his Majesty as “ Sir Gladlock” 👑

I use the pool store during set up to check my salt. I bought a skimmer basket once, and a small bag of one chem or the other because I was too lazy to go to Wallmart for it. I never, ever thought of backing my car up to the pool store door, opening the trunk and announcing "Here's my credit card. Give me everything you think I need!"
I see pool stores as a place that makes pool ownership possible for people who don't want to do it themselves. They test what I give them, and they give me their recommendation which I ignore. I blame consumers for not making the decision to ask Google, then choose Trouble Free Pool, when the solution is right in the title!
Honestly. Who really is at fault here?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First of all Leslie's pool in my area has a gadget the takes like 10cc's of water, and IMO is accurate for CYA, which IMO Taylor is iffy being the hardest to interpret.
At set up I have them test my CYA and salt, which IMO are the most tricky. I take their CYA number, then do the Taylor CYA drop test. BUT, if the store test is 50, then I drop test to challenge that number. Once I'm on, I'm done until next year.
Salt is the first recommendation (I hold three bags back) until after a week and the salt system is reading, then I sneak up on 3100 ppm, and I'm done with salt until next season.
"Life is a series of compromises".

First of all Leslie's pool in my area has a gadget the takes like 10cc's of water, and IMO is accurate for CYA, which IMO Taylor is iffy being the hardest to interpret.
At set up I have them test my CYA and salt, which IMO are the most tricky. I take their CYA number, then do the Taylor CYA drop test. BUT, if the store test is 50, then I drop test to challenge that number. Once I'm on, I'm done until next year.
Salt is the first recommendation (I hold three bags back) until after a week and the salt system is reading, then I sneak up on 3100 ppm, and I'm done with salt until next season.
"Life is a series of compromises".
Chuckie,
I am surprised that you said the "salt" test is one of the most tricky tests. Are you using the Taylor K-1766 drop test? With that drop test, the solution turns from white to a salmon color when done. No guessing at all. I would consider the salt test one, if not the easiest to perform.
Now I do agree with you on the CYA test. It definitely is the most tricky of the Taylor tests. When something depends on the outside light, viewing height and angle, and the tester's opinion, it is definitely a "tricky" test.

My adventures with the pool store is in the fact that I am required to have a Pool store test my water to meet my warranty requirements. However following the Pool Store's recommendations is NOT a requirement of my warranty. :)

Chuckie,
I am surprised that you said the "salt" test is one of the most tricky tests. Are you using the Taylor K-1766 drop test? With that drop test, the solution turns from white to a salmon color when done. No guessing at all. I would consider the salt test one, if not the easiest to perform.
Now I do agree with you on the CYA test. It definitely is the most tricky of the Taylor tests. When something depends on the outside light, viewing height and angle, and the tester's opinion, it is definitely a "tricky" test.

My adventures with the pool store is in the fact that I am required to have a Pool store test my water to meet my warranty requirements. However following the Pool Store's recommendations is NOT a requirement of my warranty. :)

My Leslies is 1/4 mile from my house, so there is that.

Gonna guess you don't have a SpeedStir for that salt test? lol

That's one of the least error-prone tests I can think of with a SpeedStir, it's a very distinct switch from off-white to a red salmon color. Are you sure your reagents are good? I get the CYA test being annoying, but the salt test, at least for me, is probably the least subjective test in the suite outside of the FAS-DPD CL test.

That's one of the least error-prone tests I can think of with a SpeedStir, it's a very distinct switch from off-white to a red salmon color. Are you sure your reagents are good? I get the CYA test being annoying, but the salt test, at least for me, is probably the least subjective test in the suite outside of the FAS-DPD CL test.
I am happy that you are happy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support