Heyward Swim Pure Plus - Generating light is not working

May 17, 2016
Edison, New Jersey
Hello, I recently open the pool and when I started the pool. The water is flowing fine, on my Heyward Swim Pure Plus, I see Power light is on and no flow light is on.
The flow light is not working because I took the wire out for now.
However when I turn the switch off to Auto, it only shows the power light and no other light turn on.
I did shut off all the power and it still the same. It was working yesterday evening.

The display is working and it is showing current levels.

what could be the issue here?

This is the basic information we need to know in diagnosing a problem:
  • Report all diagnostic readings when you..
    • Move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.
    • Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.
    • Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.
  • What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?
  • What is the actual salinity and how are you measuring it?
Check the condition of the thermistor - Hayward Aquarite SWG - Further Reading

Ok. I installed the new flow switch and that didn't work. I did some research and found how to test flow switch by jumper wire. I did the test on flow switch connector and it started fleshing but I didn't go further. I am thinking that flow switch connector (RJ11 Conn Jack) is broken. Can it be replace? or is there a way to bypass the flow switch so that I can check rest of the functionality?

The flow switch connector can corrode. It is an RJ11 Conn Jack, 6P/6C, RA Unshielded, part# 5555165-1, Digi-Key A31422-ND

If you are good at soldering it can be replaced.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Show me your existing board with the various white labels on it.

It may take an Aquarite GLX-PCB-RITE board. It is not clear if Hayward has a different board for the SwimPure Plus.

I don't like non-Hayward boards. Some work for folks and some don't. I don't think they are worth the trouble you can have with them.