Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Need some advice:

25k gallon fiberglass salt water pool

Wednesday: pool crystal clear. (Last pic). All chems balanced except ph which is at 7.8. Landscaper applied herbicide and fertilizer to lawn.

Thursday: opened auto cover and pool is cloudy.
I backwash sand filter, clean skimmer baskets add some clear balance to jelp alkalinity and ph.
I stupidly sprayed off concrete pool deck and seemed to get cloudier.
I added 3 gallons of liquid chlorine and approximately pound of optimizer and shock.
Backwashed filter again and all the while have had dolphin in pool cleaning.
Still no improvement.

Friday: Took water sample to pool store. They recommended Power Floc. and get Ph down. (pic of muractic acid dispenser).
Completed yesterday and let sit overnight with pump off to see if anything settles.

Saturday: Still cloudy. Added another 2 gallons of liquid chlorine and 2 lbs of shock. Running dolphin and waiting for it to clean and then will turn on pump again and run backwash , repeat. Ph is at 7.5 now and CC approximately 35.

Using Taylor kit.

How long do I wait to test and backwash?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Need some advice:

25k gallon fiberglass salt water pool

Wednesday: pool crystal clear. (Last pic). All chems balanced except ph which is at 7.8. Landscaper applied herbicide and fertilizer to lawn.

Thursday: opened auto cover and pool is cloudy.
I backwash sand filter, clean skimmer baskets add some clear balance to jelp alkalinity and ph.
I stupidly sprayed off concrete pool deck and seemed to get cloudier.
I added 3 gallons of liquid chlorine and approximately pound of optimizer and shock.
Backwashed filter again and all the while have had dolphin in pool cleaning.
Still no improvement.

Friday: Took water sample to pool store. They recommended Power Floc. and get Ph down. (pic of muractic acid dispenser).
Completed yesterday and let sit overnight with pump off to see if anything settles.

Saturday: Still cloudy. Added another 2 gallons of liquid chlorine and 2 lbs of shock. Running dolphin and waiting for it to clean and then will turn on pump again and run backwash , repeat. Ph is at 7.5 now and CC approximately 35.

Using Taylor kit.

How long do I wait to test and backwash?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
If you added floc, you better vaccuum that all to waste before turning the pump back on (or at least not let it get through the filter). The pool store kinda hosed you.

Reactions: bmwlrj