Hello y’all!

Pamma9026

Apr 30, 2024
plano, Texas
I am Pam Thompson, we live in Plano, Texas. We have a 18,000 or 20,000 gallon pool- no one has been able to tell me exactly the number of gallons. We had a live oak planted next to it when we bought the house. It has been a major headache for me with the pool. Finally 13 years later I convinced my husband to get rid of the tree. I am sure this will make pool upkeep a lot easier for me as I take care of it. I found this site looking for help as the water was crystal clear before having the tree cut down yesterday morning. Even though we covered it, the cover is not a solid cover and a lot of sawdust and dirt got into the pool. I was shocked at how black it was at the end of the day when we took it off. Sending before and after pics. So I was looking for help regarding getting the sawdust out of the water. I read here to shock the pool, which I did w 2 lbs of shock, I ran the pool 4 hours, backwashed the DE filter twice, emptied the vacuum 4 times, and then let it sit all night to let the sawdust and dirt settle. It worked! The water is pretty clear, now I am waiting for a quote to remove the sediment on the bottom. See before and after pics. I am happy to find site! There’s a pic of me when I am not working on the pool! 😂😂

Attachments

• IMG_9913.jpeg
    IMG_9913.jpeg
    837.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9921.jpeg
    IMG_9921.jpeg
    750.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9928.jpeg
    IMG_9928.jpeg
    637.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9933.jpeg
    IMG_9933.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9934.jpeg
    IMG_9934.jpeg
    717 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9937.jpeg
    IMG_9937.jpeg
    649.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9938.jpeg
    IMG_9938.jpeg
    597.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9768.jpeg
    IMG_9768.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you continue to have concerns about your water clarity, feel free to start a new thread in one of the other sub-forum like Testing & Balancing, or something like that. We can get more specific about things to do (or not to do).

Also be sure to visit our Pool Care Basics for tons of great articles. Lots of folks here to help. :swim: