Gold Supporter
Jun 4, 2014
Fawn Grove, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My neighbor has 4 trees that have started dropping helicopter seeds that blow directly into my new pool :cautious: Any idea what species of tree this is? How long they drop seeds for?

Most importantly any tips for eradicating them from the pool skimmers? They float, so when I lift the basket (I use skimmer socks) they seem to dodge the basket and get under it.

Attachments

• IMG_8604.jpeg
    IMG_8604.jpeg
    753.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 14
My neighbor has 4 trees that have started dropping helicopter seeds that blow directly into my new pool :cautious: Any idea what species of tree this is? How long they drop seeds for?

Most importantly any tips for eradicating them from the pool skimmers? They float, so when I lift the basket (I use skimmer socks) they seem to dodge the basket and get under it.
Ive found a small goldfish net lets me preclean the skimmer of floating stuff before emptying the basket. Might be helpful and keeps you from handling any “surprises” that make their way into the skimmer under a bunch of debris.

Reactions: LaurenB
Helicopters come generally from maple trees. Though ash and sycamore have them as well. Those appear to be maples.

Reactions: LaurenB