Hayward - W3C3030 SwimClear 325 sq. ft. Cartridge Pool Filter question. Low pressure on manual air relief valve

look30

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 22, 2018
San Jose/CA
I just noticed that the filter after venting the air has a very low pressure, Water/air used to come out at high pressure/volume and now is barely trickling torugh teh manual air relief valve.
Opened the filter to change the cartridge and same thing the air would barely get in to equalize, I had to open the drain to be able to remove the top cover/bell.
After installing the new filters and cleaning the inside , the filter has the same low pressure. The pressure indicated is 12 bar, usually is aboud 14-15 with new filter, and same as before the cartridge exchnage the water is just trickling now high flow on the manual air relief.

What can cause this ? The rest of the punpoing system seems to work fine, I hand checked the pressure getting into the pool and seems normal.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I just noticed that the filter after venting the air has a very low pressure, Water/air used to come out at high pressure/volume and now is barely trickling torugh teh manual air relief valve.
Opened the filter to change the cartridge and same thing the air would barely get in to equalize, I had to open the drain to be able to remove the top cover/bell.
After installing the new filters and cleaning the inside , the filter has the same low pressure. The pressure indicated is 12 bar, usually is aboud 14-15 with new filter, and same as before the cartridge exchnage the water is just trickling now high flow on the manual air relief.

What can cause this ? The rest of the punpoing system seems to work fine, I hand checked the pressure getting into the pool and seems normal.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
As long as the water is moving well and being filtered, lower pressure is always better. As for the water at the air relief, the screen inside the tank at the air relief area may be clogged, or the valve itself may have a clog. Its unfiltered water in that area.

If the water that is coming out of the pool returns 'feels' about the same as normal, then most likely the gauge is bad, or the line between the air relief valve and the filter is plugged.

Open the air relief valve and using a garden hose, force water to flow backwards into the filter and see that solves your issue. Edit.. Obviously with the pump off...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I took the valve appart and was clogged, the redwood in my backyard is shedding seeds this time of the year and they're small enough to clog that valve.
Cleaned it and after 20 seconds was clogged again... Ill just ignore it until the seeds are going away.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.