Orlando
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi. We have the subject Heat Pump (HP) installed on our pool. The user manual is rather rudimentary, and was hoping someone could validate my understanding -

Heat mode - set temp at water temperature target low (when on in heat mode, HP will try to keep water at or above this temp)

Cool mode - set temp at water temperature target high (when on in cool mode, HP will try to keep water at or below this temp)

Auto - when on, will attempt to keep water between settings for low and high.

Example - Low (Heat) 86, High (Cool) 94 - auto will attempt to keep pool between 86 and 94.

I recognize this is not a “smart heater” and is operated by Omni in a remote switch fashion. Thereby, the HP has no idea what Omni wants, other than it said turn on. BUT, using the settings at HP control as described above, and duplicating settings at Omni, I can force the Auto mode control from Omni. Before 4.3.1, only way to switch between heat and cool was to manually change mode at HP. Was hoping 4.3.1 would resolve this manual change (first world problem here).

Any thoughts on this?

Note - Heat and Cool both worked fine at MSP 4.1.1. Upgraded to MSP 4.3.1 to get Auto functionality at Omni. Now HP won’t come on, even though Omni says it’s calling for heat or cool. I will delete HP configuration in Omni and re-configure to try and address that issue.

Last edited:
Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: This is certainly the time of year where those of us who don't close may take advantage of heating their water a bit, but I'm not your man. Ha. Let's see if @1poolman1 nay have experience with this one. Stand-by. Enjoy the forum and your weekend. :swim:

Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: This is certainly the time of year where those of us who don't close may take advantage of heating their water a bit, but I'm not your man. Ha. Let's see if @1poolman1 nay have experience with this one. Stand-by. Enjoy the forum and your weekend. :swim:
Sorry, wish I knew more about heat pumps. I've installed 2 customer-purchased ones and only know of one other in my area (though I'm sure there are). As long as the required power is there, they are easier to install than gas heaters. Now that many areas of CA are banning gas-fired heaters, there will probably be more, but not right now.,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.