Hanna Industries BL100 pH controller and dosing pump

kma_97

Jul 16, 2022
California
Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience with this controller/pump? Do you like/dislike it? How often do you need to replace the peristaltic pump tubing (or any other parts/components)?

Also, what do you use/recommend as an acid container?

Thank you!

I think you saw my original post:

I now replace the pump peristaltic tubing annually. That functions as a check valve and when it gets too stretched out, acid can go into the pool. You'll know because the pH drops. So I replace that annually along with the rollers. The Ph probes last about a year and you can recalibrate them with their pH solutions and get about another year. I replaced the tank and injector tubing along with the injector valve at the 3 year mark.

There are a lot of containers if I recall. I reused my old Solax one, but I recall seeing lots of 5 gallon (thats all you need) in both clear (better IMO because you can see the level) or black (if you are in direct sun).

All in all - it is no way "maintenance free" (but what pool is?) but it definitely eliminated the scale buildup on my glass tiles caused by the pH drifting up from my SWG.

I didn’t, but thank you for the link! I am trying to solve the ph/chlorine issue for my ~700 gal fountain. Pain in the … to keep the water balanced… pH goes rises pretty quickly… Have to adjust every 3-4 days…