Mesa1

Feb 14, 2023
Southeast
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is there a link or thread for diy pool owners - first time in ground pool opener - with step by step instructions on what to do once water is delivered to your new liner pool - like getting started for dummies - to include what chemical , what to do with equipment etc
I feel certain there is already a thread for this - if someone can point me in the right direction!

Vinyl & liquid chlorine, you can consider the following to start with:
1. Start a sock soaking with granular stabilizer for a CYA target of 40 as we approach summer.
2. Add 2-3 ppm of liquid chlorine today (Day 1). Day 2 and beyond follow the FC/CYA Levels.
3. Adjust the pH anywhere between 7.2 - 7.8. If it's high, use muriatic acid to lower it.

Don't worry about TA just yet. CH should be N/A unless you have a heater.

Reactions: Mesa1
Adding CYA:
To increase CYA via granular stabilizer, place the required amount as calculated by the PoolMath APP into a white sock and place in the poolside skimmer basket. For those concerned about suction flow to the pump, suspending the sock near a return jet or from a floating device will also suffice. Best never to allow undissolved granules to rest directly against the pool surface. After about 30 minutes of soaking, squeeze the sock continuously to help it dissipate. Once dissolved, consider your CYA adjusted to that programmed (target) level. CYA test readings should show a rise in 24-48 hours, however some pools may experience a longer delay to fully register. Best to confirm final CYA in about 5-7 days before adding any more stabilizer/conditioner.

Guys! Thank you so much for responding - I am going to use these and create a manual for myself!
Is there a checklist somewhere - in pool care for dummies - that tells you how to backwash , when to backwash , how to turn on equipment amd when - I know that sounds so basic - but I need to read and label etc
Keep it coming !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.