Huntsville, Al
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I found a few other threads regarding this topic so if missed a pretty obvious solution I apologize for the duplicate.

My skimmer has a gap on the inside. I *think* the builder probably should have used a collar extension but instead used a tape.... This tape is 1) gross and 2) makes it hard to get the basket in and out.

The guy who set up my plumbing, who was a contractor for my PB, suggested cutting out the tape and filling it in with Quick Crete anchoring concrete. Before doing that I ordered a collar extension just to see if there was someway I could get it in after the fact. The top of the skimmer is in the concrete so taking that off seems like a decent amount of work and without doing that I'm not sure I can get the extension in place.

Wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on the best course. Here are the ideas I have:

- remove tape and use quick Crete. This doesn't seem too hard but not sure how safe that is. The guy who suggested did seemed to have pretty decent experience so his advice felt reasonable.
- cut the concrete around the top of the skimmer out so I can remove the top and put in the extension. I'm not sure I'd want to do this one.
- cut the extension collar so I can "fold" it to get in the skimmer and then epoxy(?) it back together once it's in place.
- remove tape and not worry about sealing anything
- leave tape...

The first picture shows the tape and the concrete around the skimmer. In the second I pulled back the tape to try and show what's behind it, there is concrete debris and rocks.

Attachments

• PXL_20240406_220411887.jpg
    PXL_20240406_220411887.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20240406_220423205.jpg
    PXL_20240406_220423205.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 9
I like…
  • cut the extension collar so I can "fold" it to get in the skimmer and then epoxy(?) it back together once it's in place.
Even if it costs yiu one or two collars to get it right. Epoxy pieces in place.