Wichita
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
How would you suggest the equipment be laid out?

Pentair Intelliflo3 VSF 3hp
Pentair Ultratemp 120H/C
Pentair IC40 SWCG
Pentair TA60 sand filter

A few notes…

I have tons of space as I’m pouring ~1500 sq feet of concrete decking, building a gazebo, etc… and the equipment will be at the far end. It will be surrounded on two sides by my existing cedar privacy fence (about 7’ tall).

I have a 100A panel being ran to the general area and I ask for it to be 2 panels off the far end. So I have 16’ wide and can have up to 8’ deep for this area.

I realize this is wayyyy more space than needed but I plan to fence this area with a smaller, 4-5’ tall fence, and put a gate on it. Inside the equipment area I plan to have space for my cleaner, an outdoor garden closet type deal for pool supplies, random stuff needed for the pool.

The pad sits down hill from the pool structure. It’s about a 12” - 18” drop from waters edge to end of my property.

Here are a few pics to help visualize this. Including a third grade quality finger painting rendition of the concrete and gazebo.

I want your thoughts on layout to maximize air flow for the HP, give good access to everything else and still have “open” space for storage, etc…

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_5286.jpeg
    IMG_5286.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5213.jpeg
    IMG_5213.jpeg
    618.8 KB · Views: 18
  • RenderedImage.jpeg
    RenderedImage.jpeg
    352.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
If you are going to have an automation panel then with a large equipment pad be aware of the wire lengths for the SWG cell, actuators, and temperature sensors and that they reach from where they install to the panel. Have all the equipment that requires wiring and check the wire lengths during equipment layout.

Reactions: Everett_88
Pentair TA60 sand filter
Are you committed to sand? May want to consider a large cartridge filter.

Other suggestions:
  • Install an external bypass on your HP.
  • No ball valves. Only use high quality diverter valves (Jandy Never Lube or Pentair).
  • Space things out so it's easy to adjust/maintain your equipment and clean your filter.
  • Consider a condensate line or drain for your HP.
  • Install a light and GFCI at the equipment pad.

Are you committed to sand? May want to consider a large cartridge filter.

Other suggestions:
  • Install an external bypass on your HP.
  • No ball valves. Only use high quality diverter valves (Jandy Never Lube or Pentair).
  • Space things out so it's easy to adjust/maintain your equipment and clean your filter.
  • Consider a condensate line or drain for your HP.
  • Install a light and GFCI at the equipment pad.
Thank you!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.