Dyna-Glas pump Replacement

Jan 8, 2017
Sac/CA
I currently have the Dyna-Glas model MPRA6E-147L that is now obsolete. It says the replacement is Dyna-Pro model MPRA6E-205L. HEre is the catch. I was hoping that I could buy the new pump, remove the entire pump asssembly from the new tank body by unscrewing the seal plate from the tank body. I want to then screw the new pump asssembly into the old tank body that is already installed (so I dont have to do plumbing). According to web sites, the SEal plate part numbers are slightly different. Dyna Glas Seal plate part # is C3-184P and the Dyna Pro part # is C3-184P9. Also, are the Tank body parts the same as well. Part numbers are pretty close as well. They look exactly the same in the pictures. Does anyone out there know if this plan will work?

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Generally, it is very common to swap a motor (dry end) from the pump basket "wet-end" portion as you are suggesting. Personally however, I'm not familiar with that brand/model. You might consider contacting Swimming Pool Supplies, Pool Safety Cover, Swimming Pool Covers, Swimming Pool Pumps, Pool Pump Parts - INYOPools.com
as they seem to have a great library of info and solid customer service to help. Tell them you're with TFP for any available incentives as well. Good luck, and nice to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.