Ditch the Frog, Add Stenner LC System

drewensley

Sep 29, 2023
Omaha Nebraska
Well I found TFP about a year too late and had a frog mineral system installed. After reading the many posts here regarding the Frog system I plan to switch to LC next season and ditch the Frog. I was thinking I would just keep all of the plumbing and just not put any mineral or chlorine pacs in the Cyclers. I would like to setup a Stenner Liquid Chlorine Pump and have a question regarding the injection port location. Would I be able to just use the drain in the Frog Cycler shown in the picture circled in blue? I would then just keep the Cycler set at the highest setting. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20230928_173445.jpg
    20230928_173445.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Do you have a reliable source of liquid chlorine at a reasonable price?
Many have found, with the increase price of liquid chlorine and unreliable sourcing, that switching to a SWG is more reliable and more cost effective in the long run. And, you don't have to lug jugs either.

For your size pool, a SWG with a 60k rating would work well.
We recommend a SWG rated for 2 times your pool volume.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Do you have a reliable source of liquid chlorine at a reasonable price?
Many have found, with the increase price of liquid chlorine and unreliable sourcing, that switching to a SWG is more reliable and more cost effective in the long run. And, you don't have to lug jugs either.

For your size pool, a SWG with a 60k rating would work well.
We recommend a SWG rated for 2 times your pool volume.
You know, I hadn't really thought of it but I should probably look into it a little more. I do have to backwash and waste into my yard. Do you see this as being an issue killing grass? Could you suggest a SWG for a pool my size? Would I just install it where my Frog setup is now? Thanks for the response.

You know, I hadn't really thought of it but I should probably look into it a little more. I do have to backwash and waste into my yard. Do you see this as being an issue killing grass? Could you suggest a SWG for a pool my size? Would I just install it where my Frog setup is now? Thanks for the response.
The grass won’t care.

Post a few pics of your equipment pad from a few different angles.

Do you have automation?
If you have Pentair automation or plan on adding it, a Pentair IC60 SWG
If no automation and don't plan to add it, look into the Circupool RJ60+

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.