West Palm Beach, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I'm a beta tester for the android version of the app, the latest version(500) appears to have a bug with CSI calculation.

If the recorded temperature contains a decimal place CSI shows as "N/A" (only on the CSI page, the main overview page does show the calculated CSI).

I've attached 3 screenshots, with and without decimal place for temperature and the overview page.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429-191404.png
    Screenshot_20240429-191404.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240429-190843.png
    Screenshot_20240429-190843.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240429-190817.png
    Screenshot_20240429-190817.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 9
Well that’s not right! Good catch and welcome to TFP!! Great first post as it’s very helpful. 👍

Let me toss a question as I’m also able to recreate it on iOS, on the “Advice Tab” for CSI, the one shown in the last photo, if you try to enter 77.1°………does it show up as 771, minus the decimal point for you as well?

Another bug to report, CSI is incorrectly calculated if pH is over 9.0. I noticed that this winter when my pH went up to 9.1.

Well that’s not right! Good catch and welcome to TFP!! Great first post as it’s very helpful. 👍

Let me toss a question as I’m also able to recreate it on iOS, on the “Advice Tab” for CSI, the one shown in the last photo, if you try to enter 77.1°………does it show up as 771, minus the decimal point for you as well?
Yes. The temp field won't take the decimal point input.

Yep, both issues seem to be a result of the temperature field not allowing a decimal. That was an oversight on my part. Fixed it here and will be in the next update.

Once the decimal is allowed, the field is correctly pre-populated with the last test result and then the CSI calculation happens correctly.

Appreciate you pointing this one out!

Another bug to report, CSI is incorrectly calculated if pH is over 9.0. I noticed that this winter when my pH went up to 9.1.
Can you elaborate on this?

I see a slight difference in the rounding, but not enough to be a problem:
csi-calc-compare.jpeg

On the old calculator page, once you enter 9.1 or higher it just shows "PH Err".
On the app we show -1.00, perhaps that's what you are referring to? We perhaps need to detect when the pH is higher than 9.0 and show a different message?