Covered in ground pool ph problem

mlulm

Aug 26, 2008
I have a 19000-gallon inground vinyl pool with a automatic cover. It is covered except when swimming.
I added a swg last year. The ph tends to go down. I have to aerate every week or so. Do I need to raise my TA?

FC 7
PH 7.7 down to 7.4 then I aerate.
TA 120
CYA 50

I'm wondering if the cover is trapping any Combined Chloramines in the water, and making the pH low.

How often are you opening the cover? Is it while sun is shining to let the suns rays burn any CCs off?

Maddie :flower:

I have a 19000-gallon inground vinyl pool with a automatic cover. It is covered except when swimming.
I added a swg last year. The ph tends to go down. I have to aerate every week or so. Do I need to raise my TA?

FC 7
PH 7.7 down to 7.4 then I aerate.
TA 120
CYA 50
What are you testing with?

I go days without opening it.
That will lower your pH due to CO2 buildup in the water.
You can either open every day or two for a few hours, or aerate as you are.
Opening allows the natural aeration to occur.

Reactions: mlulm
I tested the CC its somewhere between 0.01 and 0.05. I can test more accurately if needed.
I will try opening it more.
Thanks for your help
Can you check those numbers again especially the decimal place because the tailor kit can’t test that accurately.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.