Can not control IC40 with Easytouch

Sweetyk83

Apr 26, 2020
Oklahoma City
Hi all! We had a pool built a couple months ago and are just now realizing that we can not control our IC40 with the Easytouch panel. Figured this out when we eventually got low on chlorine and no matter what we adjusted on the control panel, it wasn't changing.

The unit does have power and it does turn off and on with the pump. However, we can not adjust any percentages on the Easytouch. We are also seeing 0 ppm and "com link error" on the status.

We did disconnect and reconnect all the cables. We reset the box. All with zero impact.

We CAN adjust settings on the cell itself. The manual says we should not be able to do this if we are connected to an Easytouch system.

I am attaching photos of our wiring setup. My husband is thinking the wiring is not connected for the COM cable but we are unsure due to conflicting info online and in the manual.
Any help is appreciated!!

Attachments

• IMG_4261.jpeg
    IMG_4261.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4260.jpeg
    IMG_4260.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4259.jpeg
    IMG_4259.jpeg
    531.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8383.jpeg
    IMG_8383.jpeg
    434.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

There is a jumper cable missing between your J20 com port on the main card and your Surge card mounted to the back wall of your EasyTouch.

It should have been installed at the factory. Mine is grey in color.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Sweetyk83

Sorry, I do not.. I doubt it is for sale anywhere as it is just a piece of 4-wire cable.

It connects to J20 at one end and one of the three empty RS-485 ports on the bottom of the surge card.

You don't even need any extra connectors..

1. Remove the two items currently connected to J20
2. Connect any 4-wire cable between J20 and one of the three empty connectors on the Surge card.
3. Connect one of the devices you took off of J20 and connect it to one of the now two empty connectors on the surge card
4. Connect the other device your took off of J20 and connect it to the only empty connectors on the sure card.
5. Done..

If the wire you use does not have the correct colors, you will have to make sure that the wires go to the right pins.

That said, since the pool is new, you should have the idiot that installed it come back and fix it.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Sweetyk83