Calcium increaser

26venus

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 2, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, VA
This is not a post seeking help for once. Instead I'm posting this hoping it may be helpful to someone.
I have been searching for several days for a reasonable deal on calcium chloride to no avail. The sites I've found with a reasonable product cost are making up the difference on shipping. Anywhere from $60 - $160, just for the shipping cost! I contacted my local farm co-op and found they carry it in 50# bags for less than $25 per bag. I should've thought of them sooner because that's where I get my alkalinity increaser (sodium bicarb) from...way cheaper than anywhere else I can find. So if you live within driving distance to an establishment like our co-op and need pool chemicals you may want to give them a call. Anyway, I hope someone finds this info helpful.

@Divin Dave got his from a concrete supplier at a similar cost. THANKS for sharing. (y)

alkalinity increaser (sodium bicarb) from...way cheaper than anywhere else I can find
Bjs / Costco/ Sam's has baking soda in 13 lb bags under $10. It's a lifetime supply for most of us.